The number of people who want to have hair transplantation is increasing day by day. Thanks to the developing technology around the world, many new methods are being developed and applied. The success rates of these new hair transplantation techniques applied are quite remarkable. Since the 1930s, when hair transplantation experiments first began, the field of hair transplantation has reached a very advanced level. Although the hair transplant operation, which was first applied in the USA in 1952, was successful, there was no scar problem in the hair transplant procedures applied today, and there were scars after the procedures at that time. Thanks to the developed methods, it is not understood that the hair transplant operation was performed. Self-confidence problems experienced in the period of balding disappear completely after the hair transplant operation.
The Most Used Hair Transplant Techniques Around The World
There are basically two techniques in the field of hair transplant surgery. These are called FUT and FUE. However, with the developing technology in recent years, more effective technicians have started to be applied. The most preferred hair transplantation operations worldwide are DHI, Sapphire Fue, Ice Fue and robotic hair transplantation methods.
In the Fut hair transplantation technique, which is one of the first hair transplantation methods, a piece of scalp is taken and divided into hair follicle follicles under the microscope and placed in the bald area. In this method, mattress seam marks remain. FUT hair transplantation technique is not used much anymore because there are no scars in new methods.
Fue hair transplantation method, which is the most applied method in the world, is highly preferred due to its high success rate. Fue hair transplantation method, which is the first hair transplantation method started in the modern period after the first hair transplantation trials, has been giving very successful results in recent times with the developing technology. Those who have hair loss problems can achieve permanent and natural hair thanks to this method. Fue hair transplantation method starts with the application of local anesthesia, so that pain is not felt throughout the procedure. Afterwards, hair follicle seeds are started to be collected from the donor area by using micro motors called special punches. After the hair root seeds are collected, a channel is opened in the area where the hair transplant will be done. Hair follicle seeds collected in these opened channels are carefully placed. Although the process varies from person to person, it takes between 4 and 9 hours on average. It takes 12 to 18 months to see clear results after the Fue hair transplant method.
Sapphire Fue Technique
Sapphire Fue technique, which is a sub-technique of Fue hair transplantation, uses special sapphire-tipped blades. These knives are much stronger and sharper in steel. Thanks to such fine-tipped and sharp blades, the channels opened are much smaller, thus significantly shortening the recovery time. The other application stages of the Sapphire Fue hair transplantation method are the same as the classical Fue hair transplantation, the only difference is the equipment used. During the procedure, between 2,500 and 4,500 hair follicle seeds can be planted.
The success rate of the DHI hair transplant method, which is among the most popular hair transplant methods recently, is very high. The main reason why DHI hair transplantation attracts so much attention is that all of the hair is shaved in this method, which is the case in other classical hair transplantation methods. Since it is not shaved, it is especially preferred by female patients. Thanks to the DHI hair transplantation method, it is almost not understood that you have undergone a hair transplantation operation and the recovery time is much shorter than other procedures. The procedure is performed with local anesthesia as in classical hair transplantation methods. Thanks to local anesthesia, pain is not felt throughout the procedure. Another difference from other hair transplantation methods is that the devices used are different. While micro-motor devices are used in other hair transplantation methods, a special medical pen called choi is used in DHI hair transplantation method. Thanks to this pen, hair root seeds are collected from the donor area and the roots are placed by applying light pressure to the area to be transplanted with the same pen. In addition, since the channel is not opened in the DHI hair transplantation method, the recovery period is easier and shorter. Although the duration of DHI hair transplantation varies according to the size of the area to be transplanted, it takes an average of 6 to 10 hours.
Robotic Hair Transplant Technique
Thanks to modern medicine and developing technology, innovations are made in the hair transplant sector every day. The most striking of these is the robotic hair transplant technique. Today, thanks to the robotic hair transplant method, which is easily applied to both women and men, a permanent and natural solution to the problem of hair loss is provided. Robotic hair transplantation method is applied all over the world only in Japan, Germany, England, America, Spain, Greece and Turkey. Thanks to the optical glasses used during robotic hair transplantation, the healthiest hair follicles are collected from the donor area with the photographs projected on the screen. In this way, the roots planted
It clings firmly and begins to elongate. With robotic hair transplantation, perfect channels are opened and there is no possibility of scarring.
Things To Consider In Hair Transplantation
In order for your hair transplant operation to be successful, you need to pay attention to some points. Things to consider before the procedure;
- You should work with doctors who are experts and skilled in their field.
- You should have a hair transplant in a hospital, medical center or clinic approved by the Ministry of Health.
- Clinics with a professional understanding of service and related to the patient both before and after the procedure should be preferred.
- Hair transplant operation should be performed by dermatologists, plastic surgeons or medical aesthetic specialists.
There are points that you should pay attention to after the hair transplant operation. If you pay attention to these points, your hair transplant will be successful. Things to consider after the procedure;
- Hand contact and pressure should not be applied after the hair transplant operation.
- After the procedure, the drugs, shampoo and lotions given by the specialist should be used completely.
- After the procedure, it should not be exposed to the sun for 15 days and should be avoided in humid places such as the sea, pool, Turkish bath, sauna.
- You should not do sports and exercise until your doctor approves.
- After the hair transplant operation, you should not use accessories such as hats, shawls, berets until the specialist gives approval.
- You should lie on your back for 15 days after the procedure.
Things To Be Examined Before Having A Hair Transplant
It will not be right to perform a hair transplant operation without learning the underlying causes of hair loss and finding solutions to these problems. Because as the hair continues to shed, a bad appearance will occur on the edges of the transplanted areas. You may not always get very dense and bushy hair in hair transplantation procedures, so you should not have very high expectations. For this reason, there are some values that should be examined before the hair transplant operation. The things that you should definitely examine before hair transplantation are;
- You should find out if you have an active skin disease.
- You should have your B12, B6, zinc levels checked.
- High or low thyroid hormone causes hair loss, so you should have your thyroid hormone values checked beforehand.
- Insulin values also cause hair loss, so you should have your blood sugar values checked.
- Anxiety disorders, panic attacks, psychological problems, stress and depression cause hair loss. If necessary, you should seek support from a psychologist.
- If you have a blood disease or diseases such as cancer, you should definitely not have a hair transplant operation.
- You should find out if you are allergic to the local anesthesia to be used.