Sapphire Hair Transplant
Today, along with the technological developments, there have been developments in hair transplantation techniques, one of which is the Sapphire hair transplantation method. Since 2001, this method has been frequently applied throughout the world. Sapphire hair transplantation technique is known as Sapphire Fue hair transplantation method using special instruments with sapphire tips. Contrary to popular belief, these special sapphire-tipped instruments are not made of sapphire stone. Sapphire blades are produced from synthetic sapphire (Al2O3 = aluminum oxide) and are hundreds of times more durable than normal steel. They are made perfect for hair transplant operations by going through special stages.
What Is Sapphire Hair Transplant?
It is possible to achieve permanent results with sapphire hair transplantation method for hair loss and thinning caused by both genetic factors and environmental factors in men and women from the past to this day.
Sapphire hair transplant; It is a hair transplantation technique using sapphire-tipped blades used together with the fue method. Thanks to these sapphire blades used, since the channels opened are more minimal, healing is faster at the same rate.
What Are The Stages Of Sapphire Hair Transplantation?
- After the decision to have a sapphire hair transplant, first of all, a comprehensive doctor’s control is performed.
- After the examinations and tests, the area to be transplanted with sapphire and the donor area are determined. Afterwards, the hairline of the area to be transplanted with sapphire hair is drawn. At this stage, the average amount of hair follicle seeds to be taken is determined according to the width of the area to be transferred.
- The area to be transplanted with sapphire and the donor area are anesthetized with local anesthesia.
- In sapphire hair transplantation, hair follicle seeds (graft) are taken from the donor area by using micro motors with the fue method.
- Hair follicle seeds taken with the help of micro motors are carefully collected in one section.
- After the hair follicle collection process is completed, the next step, using sapphire-tipped blades, is opened channels with the desired pain, direction and frequency in the area to be transplanted.
- As the last step, the hair follicle seeds collected with the help of micro motors are placed in the channels opened with sapphire-tipped blades. Thus, sapphire hair transplantation is completed.
Things To Consider Before Sapphire Hair Transplantation
- Blood thinners should not be used before sapphire hair transplantation.
- Smoking and alcohol use should be stopped at least 1 week before the sapphire hair transplant.
- You should inform your doctor if you have a chronic disease or medications that you use constantly.
- You should rest well and sleep before the sapphire hair transplant operation.
Things To Be Considered After Sapphire Hair Transplantation
- You should not wear tight-fitting clothes before and after the sapphire hair transplant operation, you may damage the transplanted area while dressing.
- After the sapphire hair transplantation, you should not use alcohol and cigarettes for the period determined by your doctor.
- After the operation, you should use the drugs given by your doctor for the period recommended by your doctor.
- You should not be exposed to the sun for the first 15 days after the sapphire hair transplant operation, and you should stay away from activities such as the sea, Turkish bath and sauna.
- Care should be taken while lying down and you should not use accessories such as hats, shawls, scarves without the approval of the doctor.
- After the sapphire hair transplantation, you should not apply pressure to the transplanted area by hand.
- Until your doctor approves, you should not shave or apply heat treatment such as a blow dryer.
Hair Care After Sapphire Hair Transplantation
After the sapphire hair transplant operation, the first wash is usually done by the doctor. In the next stage, when the time determined by the space expires, washing can be done with a special shampoo prescribed by the specialist. After the sapphire hair transplantation, no other product should be used other than the drugs and creams recommended by your doctor. After the sapphire hair transplantation, the non-scissors shaving method is not recommended. According to the recovery rate of the person, you can shave with the recommendation of the doctor. Do not use any hair care products on your hair during the recovery phase and do not have any procedures that will be exposed to heat.
Who Can Have Sapphire Hair Transplantation?
Persons suitable for sapphire hair transplantation are determined only after a comprehensive examination. Apart from the health of your hair and hair follicles, your general health should also be favorable. You must be over the age of 18 to apply sapphire hair transplantation.