As the amount of hair loss due to genetic predisposition, environmental factors, drugs or diseases increases, baldness occurs. This situation makes people unhappy and insecure in terms of aesthetics. Apart from aesthetic concerns, hair transplant operations are also performed due to health problems. Hair transplant operation is performed due to accidental injuries, partial openings in the hairy area, or both hair loss and scarring in that area as a result of burning. Thanks to the developing technological and medical innovations, there are developments in hair transplantation methods. Thanks to the methods determined according to the needs of the person, it is now much easier to achieve permanent and natural hair. After deciding on the hair transplant procedure, the first thing to do is to work with a doctor and his team, who are experts in their field, experienced and have manual skills. This is very important for you to have the permanent hair design you dream of having. There are differences between the applied methods. In some methods, the hair is completely shaved, while others are partially or not shaved at all. After deciding on the hair transplant operation, there are some things to consider before and after the procedure. We have brought these points together in detail for you.
What should be considered before hair transplantation?
Before the hair transplant operation, there are some things to be considered about the procedure and personal care. It is very important to pay attention to these points before the hair transplantation process, both for you and for achieving the expected results after the procedure. Things to consider before the hair transplant operation are;
- The first and most important point is choosing the right specialist and clinic for your hair transplant operation. Working with a specialist in the field ensures that the dreamed hairy image is achieved after the hair transplantation process.
- After the specialist and clinic to be transplanted are selected, the health-related information that the specialist should know should be told honestly during the preliminary examination and the necessary blood tests should be done to make sure that there is no obstacle in terms of the body.
- In the pre-interview for hair transplantation, the person should clearly express their expectation from hair transplantation and the patient is informed about which method is appropriate, whether the expectation of the specialist will be met or not.
- In this pre-interview, the expert visually shows the images of how the average post-planting appearance will be, with photographs in the digital environment. At this point, after the mutual decision is made, the doctor informs about the things to be considered until the hair transplant operation.
- The use of drugs, which is among the things to be considered before the hair transplant operation, is very important to avoid problems during the hair transplant operation. If there are blood thinners used at this stage, it is to be stopped at least 7 days before. Even if the blood thinners used during the hair transplantation process, there is a problem in stopping the bleeding, so the use of such drugs should be suspended.
- Smoking and alcohol use should be stopped at least 7 days before the hair transplant operation. Since the use of alcohol and cigarettes will prolong your healing process and cause edema, their use should be stopped beforehand.
- Paying attention to your nutrition before the hair transplant operation will help you become stronger after the operation and reduce the formation of edema by consuming plenty of fluids.
- Since you will experience a change in your sleep pattern after the hair transplant operation, you should rest and sleep adequately 1 or 2 days before the operation. This rest will increase your body’s endurance.
- Since you cannot wash your hair for a while after the hair transplant operation, taking a nice shower on the last day will save you a few days. After hair transplantation, you can only wash your body for a while.
- You should stop using hair care products before the hair transplant operation. In general, since products with unclean content will cause hair loss, attention should be paid to the ingredients and the use of the product should be stopped. Residues of these products in the hair can cause the risk of infection in open channels.
- One of the most important points regarding the day of the operation is the choice of clothing. Since any pressure should be applied to the hair transplant area after the operation, tight and tight-fitting clothes should not be preferred in case of the possibility of applying pressure due to friction. Shirt-style wide-collared clothes will be the right choice when going to the operation.
What should be considered after the hair transplant operation?
It is very important to pay attention to the points that need attention after the hair transplant operation. Just as it is important to apply the things that need to be considered before hair transplantation, it is very important to pay attention to the points after the procedure in terms of the permanent hair transplantation operation. The things to be considered after the hair transplant operation are;
- The first point to be considered after the hair transplant operation is the complete use of the drugs and creams given by the specialist. Paying attention to this point will prevent you from experiencing pain after the procedure and will allow you to recover quickly.
- Since the transplanted area will be sensitive after the hair transplant operation, pressure should be applied to that area and accessories such as hats, berets and shawls should not be used. In addition, that area should not be touched by hand. Hand contact causes inflammation.
- After the hair transplant operation, the first wash is done in the presence of a specialist. Afterwards, the hair is not washed until the specialist gives approval.
- In the first few days after hair transplantation, there is bleeding in the hair transplantation channels. Don’t let this situation make you nervous, these wounds will start to crust in a few days and will gradually start to spill in the form of dandruff. At this stage, the drugs and creams given by the specialist should be used.
- Alcohol and cigarettes should not be used until the specialist gives approval after hair transplantation.
- Paying attention to regular massage after the hair transplant operation allows you to heal faster, while consuming plenty of water reduces the formation of edema. During this period, it will be beneficial for you to eat a low salt diet.
- After hair transplantation, heavy sports and exercises should not be done and the head should be kept as upright as possible until your doctor approves.
- After the hair transplant operation, one should not be exposed to the sun for at least 15 days and stay away from humid places such as the sea, baths and pools.
- Sleeping in the first night after the hair transplant operation may be a bit difficult. As sleeping in the usual sleeping position will damage your hair transplant operation, you should be raised with 2 pillows to provide a 45-degree angle and lie on your back.
- If there is more bleeding than normal after hair transplantation, the extension should be consulted, and if there is unbearable pain, painkillers can be used with the approval of the specialist.