It is possible to have a hair transplant operation that will make you feel happier and more confident, without leaving your social life, without leaving your work and family, thanks to the unshaven hair transplant method. One of the most thought-provoking issues for people who want to have a hair transplant is to understand that they have had a hair transplant. This anxiety is especially experienced by women. Unshaven hair transplantation is the choice of those who want to keep their procedure confidential and continue their social life without interruption. Men with long hair as well as women want to have unshaven hair transplantation because they do not want to have their hair cut. Thanks to unshaven hair transplantation, you can continue your social life without losing anything from your quality of life and have healthy, natural and permanent hair without it being understood that you have had a hair transplant. Thanks to unshaven hair transplantation, you can return to your social and business life with more confidence after the hair transplantation operation. Our hair is our most important accessory, no matter how careful we are, we may experience shedding due to genetic and environmental factors. Thanks to the hair transplantation methods, especially the unshaven hair transplantation method, it is a solution to the problem of hair loss, which causes aesthetic anxiety.
How Is Unshaved Hair Transplant Performed?
There are different hair transplantation techniques used around the world in unshaven hair transplantation with very successful results. Some of those;
- Sapphire fue hair transplantation: In sapphire fue hair transplantation, hair follicle seeds are collected from the donor area, as in the fue hair transplantation technique. With the help of a special sapphire-tipped medical pen, small channels are opened on the balding area, and the collected hair follicle seeds are placed in these opened channels.
- DHI hair transplantation: Hair follicle seeds are collected from the donor area with the help of a special medical pen called choI, which is used in direct hair transplantation. These collected hair follicle seeds are placed with the help of the same medical pen by applying light pressure to the bald area. This method, unlike other methods, is performed in one step and hair follicles are placed directly with the choi pen without opening the canal.
- Ice-fue hair transplantation: Ice-fue hair transplantation, which is another method in which the fue technique is applied, starts with the collection of hair follicle seeds from the donor area on the nape, as in the fue method. These collected hair follicles are preserved in a special solution. This solution facilitates the feeding of the hair follicles to be transplanted before and their attachment after the hair transplant. Afterwards, these hair follicles are placed in the channels opened in the area to be transplanted.
Unshaven Hair Transplant Methods
Unshaven hair transplantation is applied differently in line with the needs and expectations of people. Some people have to shave partly, and sometimes it can be done completely unshaven.
Partially Shaved Hair Transplant: a small window between the hair on the back of the head in people with long hair
- The patient maintains the previous hair length.
- Since it will not be obvious that she had a hair transplant, she may return to her social life very quickly.
- Since fewer hair follicle seeds are planted, the recovery period is shorter.
Completely Unshaven Hair Transplantation: It is a hair transplantation method that is done without shaving the donor area and the area to be transplanted. There are some limitations in the application of this method. If a patient has severe hair loss and the application area is wide, shaving a small area will not be sufficient, since many hair follicle seeds must be taken accordingly. An average of 1000-2500 hair follicle seeds can be collected in unshaven hair transplantation. It will not be correct to apply the completely unshaven hair transplant method in an operation that requires 3000-4000 hair follicle seeds. At this stage, the partial shaving method can be used. This is done by shaving a part of the nape or behind the ears, especially in long-haired women and men. Thanks to the long hair covering the shaved area, even if the part is shaved, it is not visible when viewed from the outside. Pre-planning should be done very carefully for completely unshaven hair transplantation so that both the specialist and the patient are satisfied with the hair transplantation process. Advantages of unshaven hair transplantation method;
- Since the hair is not shaved, it is not understood that the hair transplant was done
- Return to social life is faster thanks to unshaven hair transplantation.
- It is psychologically more relaxing, especially for women.
Who Is Unshaven Hair Transplant Applied To?
- It is the method most preferred by women experiencing hair loss.
- Those who experience thinning in the upper parts can have hair transplantation in sparse areas without shaving the entire hair.
- Those who have regional hair loss as a result of any accident can only have a transplant in that area.
- Those who have a clear forehead area can have thicker hair thanks to this method.
- As with other hair transplantation methods, the state of health should be suitable for hair transplantation.
What Are the Advantages Of Unshaven Hair Transplantation?
- Hair is not shaved in any way.
- It can be applied to 7-8 cm long hair as well as to long hair.
- Since there are few hair follicles transplanted, the recovery period is short.
- Even immediately after the operation, it is not understood that hair transplantation was performed.
- The time to return to social life is shorter.
- Since the shortened part is under the long hair in partially shaved processes, it is not obvious that it is shaved.
- Since people with long hair do not shave in hair transplantation, they do not have to grow their hair again.
- Being an ideal method for women.
What Are the Disadvantages Of Unshaven Hair Transplantation?
- Since fewer hair follicles are transplanted, another transplant may be needed over time.
- It is more difficult and takes longer to transplant the right direction between the hairs compared to other transplant techniques.
- Since the donor area is smaller, it cannot be applied to large areas where more hair follicles need to be transplanted.
- The cost may be slightly higher compared to other plantings.
- In completely shaved hair transplantation, the risk of infection is less because there is no hair, while the risk of infection is higher in unshaven hair transplantation as the hair comes over the active planting area.