Today, different hair transplantation methods are applied. Every method applied gives successful results if done correctly. Since each patient’s hair structure and expectations from hair transplantation are different, the methods to be applied differ. Not every method is the right choice for every patient. For this reason, it should be examined by a specialist doctor and the most accurate method should be determined for the patient. Since the hair is not cut in unshaven hair transplantation, hair transplantation operations are a savior for women and men with long hair.
While Turkey is among the leading countries in hair transplantation, it is also very successful in the field of unshaven hair transplantation. Istanbul is home to hair transplantation centers that attract attention in the field of hair transplantation and unshaven hair transplantation.
What Are The Stages Of Unshaven Hair Transplantation?
Unshaven hair transplantation has a different application than other classical hair transplantation methods. Since the hair is not shaved in this hair transplant method, the technique applied and the equipment used are different. Although there are common stages with other hair transplantation procedures in general, there are no stages of cutting hair and opening channels. It is a very advantageous method especially for women who have hair loss problems due to not shaving their hair.
One of the most important and first stages of hair transplant operations is the examination stage. During the examination phase, the patient makes the first meeting with the doctor for hair transplantation. Unshaven hair transplantation is a very specialized application, so you should make sure that you choose the right and experienced doctor during the examination phase. At this stage, the average number of hair follicles needed for hair transplantation is calculated. The patient should clearly share his expectation from hair transplantation with the doctor. During the examination, the patient is informed in detail about the process he will experience before and after hair transplantation.
The preparation stage is very important for the success of the hair transplant operation and the health of the patients. At this stage, the necessary blood tests are performed on the patients. Thanks to blood tests, it is understood whether the patient is suitable for hair transplantation. Hair transplant operation should not be applied to patients with negative blood test results.
At this stage, the doctor talks to the patient for the last time about his expectation from hair transplantation and the final decision is made. After the decision stage, the front hairline is determined if necessary and the patient is prepared for the operation by changing clothes if necessary.
Local Anesthesia Stage
Hair transplant operations are performed under anesthesia. Thanks to the anesthesia applied, the patient does not feel any pain or pain during the procedure. Local anesthesia is usually used in hair transplantation. The applied local anesthesia is repeated if necessary during the procedure. Thanks to local anesthesia, the patient is comfortable and relaxed during hair transplantation. Local anesthesia is performed by a specialist physician.
Special sedation medications are also used for patients with a fear of needles. In this way, the patient is half asleep and does not feel pain during the hair transplantation process.
Hair Follicle Collection Stage
In hair transplantation operations, hair follicles collected to be transplanted into the balding area are taken from the determined donor area. The donor area is usually determined as the spill-resistant nape or behind the ear. Since the nape area is resistant to shedding, the transplanted hair does not fall out again. When there is not enough number of hair follicles in the donor area, other areas in the body can be determined as the donor area. The beard, neck or chest area can be a donor area depending on the situation.
In unshaven hair transplantation operations, the hair follicle collection phase is performed using a special medical device. This medical device looks like a pen and has a sharp tip. Thanks to its special reservoir, it keeps the collected hair follicle within itself. In unshaven hair transplantation, hair follicles are taken from the donor area and placed in the area to be transplanted without waiting.
Channel Opening Phase
There is usually no channel opening phase in unshaven hair transplant operations. The equipment used in unshaven hair transplantation is different from those used in other hair transplantation methods. In classical hair transplantation operations, the hair is shaved and the collected hair follicles are placed inside the incisions, namely channels, opened by special cutting edge micro motors. Special medical pens are used in unshaven hair transplant operations. These pens keep the hair follicles in their own body and are placed on the bald area by applying light pressure without opening the channel. The tip of this special medical pen is precise and allows both to remove the hair follicle and to place the hair follicle.
Planting Stage Of Hair Follicles
The healthy hair follicle taken from the donor area is transferred to the place where the hair transplant will be performed, with the help of a special medical pen, without the need to wait. At this stage, it is very important to plant hair follicles at an appropriate angle. Since the hair is not shaved, the view of the doctor is more limited and it is necessary to be very careful. At this stage, the doctor’s dexterity and experience base is very important. After the hair follicles are placed, the hair transplant operation is completed.
What Are The Advantages Of Unshaven Hair Transplantation?
Unshaven hair transplantation has many advantages. Thanks to these advantages, it is among the most popular hair transplantation methods. The advantages of unshaven hair transplantation are;
- Unshaven hair transplantation is the savior of women who have hair loss problems.
- Unshaven hair transplantation, which is the most ideal method for patients who do not want it to be obvious that they have had hair transplantation, ensures that people who do not know this business do not understand.
- Since the scar appearance after classical hair transplantation is not present in unshaven hair transplantation, there is no problem that disturbs the patients. Since the channels where the hair follicles are placed are closed by other hair, it is not even obvious that the hair transplant was done.
- Since there is no grooving phase in the unshaven hair transplant method, the recovery time is much shorter, so patients can return to their work and social lives in a short time.
- Since the hair is not cut in unshaven hair transplantation, the transplanted hair follicles can be planted at a more correct angle compared to the growth direction of other hairs, thus a more natural result is obtained.
- Since there is no grooving process in unshaven hair transplantation, tissue damage is much less.
What Are The Disadvantages Of Unshaven Hair Transplantation?
Unshaven hair transplantation has some disadvantages. Being aware of these disadvantages, it will be the right decision for you to choose a specialist in the field of unshaven hair transplantation. The disadvantages of unshaven hair transplantation are;
- Since the hair stays long during unshaven hair transplantation and is usually applied without opening the canal, it is more difficult to transplant hair follicles at the right angle and frequency. In this case, a specialist physician in the field of unshaven hair transplantation should perform the procedure so that the hair transplant operation does not fail.
- Unshaven hair transplant operation has a slightly longer processing time than other hair transplant operations.
- If unshaven hair transplantation is not performed by a specialist physician, it may not result in the desired density and naturalness.
- Unshaven hair transplant operations are more costly than other hair transplant procedures as they are long and detailed procedures.
- The dexterity of the specialist is very important in unshaven hair transplantation. Unshaven hair transplantation performed by an unskilled doctor may give unsuccessful results.
- Since the unshaven hair transplant operation takes a long time, the number of hair follicles that can be transplanted in one session is less, so the procedure can be applied in several sessions.