Contrary to what is known, hair transplantation procedures are not only applied to men. Hair transplant operation is also applied to women who need hair loss. Although there is less hair loss compared to men, 30% of women have hair loss and regional baldness. Aesthetically, hair loss is a very difficult situation for women. Women who have psychological self-confidence problems find a solution to this problem thanks to hair transplantation methods. Thanks to the new methods applied, hair transplantation is performed without shaving. Thanks to the unshaven hair transplantation method, you can return to your social life with natural and permanent hair in a short time before it is understood that the hair transplantation has been done, and you can continue your life with self-confidence by getting rid of the aesthetic concerns you experience.
What are the causes of hair loss in women?
Although hair loss in women is much less than in men, 1 out of every 3 women has hair loss problem. In addition to genetic predisposition, hair loss, which has many different causes, finds a solution thanks to hair transplantation operation. Medical conditions other than genetic predisposition cause hair loss. Medical conditions that cause hair loss are;
- Hormone changes
- Postpartum spills
- Quitting birth control pills
- Anemia and iron deficiency
- Thyroid disease and drug use
- Ovarian tumors and pcos (polycystic ovary syndrome)
- Zinc deficiency
- Connective tissue diseases
- Chemotherapy and radiation therapy treatments
- Stress, emotional problems
- Accident or injuries
- Malnutrition and malnutrition
- Hereditary diseases
Hair transplantation methods applied in women
All hair transplantation methods applied today can actually be applied to women. There is no harm in this in terms of health and medicine. However, shaved hair transplantation methods applied to men in terms of aesthetics are not pleasant for women. Unshaven or partially shaved hair transplantation method is applied for women in order not to experience any other aesthetic concerns during the hair transplantation process, which is requested due to aesthetic concerns.
Fue method: Fue method, which is among the most widely applied hair transplantation methods, is applied for women. Partial shaving is also applied in the method. Since local anesthesia is applied before the procedure, no pain is felt. Usually, a sufficient area is shaved from the nape of the hair and the seeds of the hair follicles needed for hair transplantation are collected from the area. Since the hair on the upper parts will cover the shaved area, it does not cause any aesthetic problems. The collected hair follicle seeds are placed in the area where the spills occur by opening small channels and the planting is completed.
DHI method: DHI hair transplantation method, which has become popular among hair transplantation methods recently, is preferred especially among women. It is preferred because there is no shaving in the process. In the DHI hair transplantation method, hair follicle seeds are collected from the donor area, where local anesthesia is applied, thanks to a special medical pen. The collected hair root seeds are planted by pressing lightly on the bald area with the help of the same pen, without waiting.
Before hair transplantation
There are some points to be considered before hair transplantation. These points will make it easier for you to get the hair transplant result you expect.
- Alcohol and cigarettes should not be used before the hair transplant operation.
- If there are blood thinners used, their use should be stopped. During the operation, bleeding occurs, albeit slightly, and the use of blood thinners may cause problems in stopping the bleeding.
- Before the hair transplant operation, hair care products should not be used as much as possible, and cleansing the hair roots from these products before the operation prevents the risk of inflammation after the procedure.
- Paying attention to your diet before hair transplantation will make your body more durable and will minimize the formation of edema.
- Taking a shower before the hair transplant operation will relieve you for a few days as you will not be able to wash your hair for a certain period of time after the procedure.
- Choosing shirt-style clothes with a wide collar while going to the operation will allow you to take it off easily after the procedure.
Difference of hair transplant in women compared to men
Although hair transplantation operations are often preferred by men, the rate of preference by women has been increasing recently. In general, hair transplantation operations are performed by shaving all the hair. This situation is changing with the new methods developed and medical innovations. Since unshaven hair transplantation is provided in new methods, it is applied by women without any aesthetic concerns. The most obvious difference between female hair transplantation and male hair transplantation is the use of unshaven method in female hair transplantation. In this way, women have hair transplantation without experiencing any aesthetic problems and return to their social lives in a short time without knowing that they have had hair transplantation.
After hair transplantation
In hair transplantation for women, as in other hair transplantation procedures, there are some things to be considered afterward. In order for your hair transplant operation to be healthy and permanent, it will be in your best interest to pay attention to these points. What you need to pay attention to after your hair transplant process;
- After the hair transplant operation, you should use the medicines given by your doctor completely.
- Since the transplanted area is sensitive after hair transplantation, it should be protected against external factors, you should not touch it with your hands or apply pressure.
- After the hair transplant operation, you should not use accessories such as hats, berets, shawls until your doctor approves.
- You should not be exposed to the sun directly after hair transplantation.
- After the hair transplant operation, you should stay away from humid places such as the pool, sea and sauna.
- You should not make long journeys and drive a car right after the hair transplant procedure.
- After the hair transplant operation, you should pay attention to your diet, not consume salty foods and minimize the formation of edema by consuming plenty of water.
- After the hair transplant operation, you should not wash your hair until your doctor approves, and you should use shampoos with clean ingredients recommended by the specialist.
- You should not dye your hair until your doctor approves, especially after a female hair transplant operation.
- After the hair transplant operation, you should not apply processes such as a high-heat blow dryer to the area.
- After hair transplantation in women, you should not use any hair care product until the specialist gives approval.
- After the hair transplant operation, you should keep your head upright and not do heavy sports and exercise.
- After the operation, you should lie on your back with a 45 degree angle, keeping your head upright.