Hair transplantation process first started in 1930 with the experiments of the Japanese doctor on animals. However, these experiments did not progress with the beginning of the wars at that time. Then, in 1952, the American doctor performed the first hair transplant operation. Until 1980, planting processes that did not give natural results were carried out. With the development of technology and medicine, hair transplantation has started to be developed after the 1990s. Today, hair transplantation operations with the highest success rate of 99 percent are performed. There are permanent and natural solutions to the problem of hair loss, which is common around the world, thanks to hair transplant operations. Thanks to the hair transplant operation, healthy hair follicles are transferred to the area where the hair is shed, and an aesthetic appearance is achieved with the hair. Thanks to the hair transplantation methods applied for both men and women experiencing hair loss, people gain a healthy hair appearance.
Who is The Hair Transplant Operation Applied To?
For the application of hair transplantation, the patient’s past health problems and examination should be considered. People who are suitable for hair transplantation;
- Those who do not have an obstacle to the transplantation process in the blood tests performed before the hair transplantation process,
- Those who have had a hair transplant before and are not satisfied,
- Those who have completed the age of 18 and have completed their physical development,
- Those who have enough healthy hair root seeds,
- Those who do not have heart and chronic diseases
- For those who are not allergic to the applied local anesthesia.
- For those who have completed all phases of hair loss.
- Those who have regional hair loss as a result of accident and those who have scars in the skin area.
- Hair transplantation operation can be applied to women who do not have an obstacle to hair transplantation.
Who is Not Applied Hair Transplant Operation?
Although the hair transplant operation can be applied to many people, in some cases it is not correct to transplant hair. Those who are not suitable for hair transplant operation;
- Persons under the age of 18,
- Those who have HIV+ and Hepatitis C as a result of the blood test,
- Those who have cancer and similar diseases.
- Those with chronic and allergy diseases,
- Pregnant women,
- Those who do not have enough hair follicle seeds in the donor area,
- Those with diseases such as heart, blood pressure, diabetes, liver failure,
- Those who do not have congenital hair due to genetic reasons,
- Those who do not have hemophilia in the blood test,
- People at risk of panic attacks,
- Those who are allergic to local anesthesia,
- Patients who have blood clotting problems,
- Those who do not complete the hair loss phase,
- To cigarette, alcohol and substance addicts,
- Hair transplantation is not applied to those whose skin structure in the balding area is not suitable for hair transplantation.
What Are The Advantages Of Hair Transplant Operation?
Hair is one of our most important accessories. As a result of hair loss, people experience psychological self-confidence problems. In addition, due to the lack of an aesthetically pleasing appearance, people are offered a permanent solution thanks to the hair transplant operation. The advantages of hair transplant operations are;
- After hair transplantation, the person no longer experiences aesthetic concerns and becomes more self-confident.
- After the healing and clear result process is completed, new hair is obtained permanently.
- It is a much easier procedure and a shorter recovery time compared to other surgical operations.
- Thanks to the hair transplant operation, you get new natural and lush hair.
What Are The Disadvantages Of Hair Transplant Operation?
Hair transplant operation is a surgical procedure, albeit at a micro level. As with other surgical procedures, there are certain risks and disadvantages in hair transplantation. The disadvantages of hair transplant operation are;
- Unnatural looking hair transplantation can be done as a result of wrong application.
- Hair transplantation has a recovery period of 12 to 18 months and a clear result.
- The desired result may not be obtained due to the wrong specialist and clinic selection.
- Since there are open channels after the hair transplant operation, there is a risk of infection if care is not taken.
What Should Be Considered Before Hair Transplantation?
In order for the hair transplant operation to be successful, there are some things to consider before the operation. Paying attention to these points increases the success rate of hair transplantation. Things to consider before the hair transplant operation are;
- First of all, necessary HIV, Hepatitis B, Hepatitis C, hemogram and PT tests are performed on the person before sowing.
- As a result of the tests, the operation decision is made or cancelled.
- Hair transplantation is not performed for HIV+ or Hepatitis C patients.
- Hepatitis B patients, on the other hand, can perform hair transplantation by performing disinfectant in the special department.
- During the first examination, it should be determined how many hair follicle seeds (grafts) will be planted according to the size of the balding area. Determining this number is very important in terms of the desired hairy image.
Treatments To Be Applied After Hair Transplantation
After hair transplantation operations, additional treatments are performed for stronger hair growth. In this way, the transplanted hair will hold on more easily and come out stronger. The time of application of these treatments is determined by the doctor’s recommendation.
Laser Treatment After Hair Transplantation
Thanks to the laser treatment applied after hair transplantation, the hair follicles located under the skin are stimulated and activated. After the hair transplant operation, painless and painless radiation therapy helps to thicken the hair strands, revive the dead roots, and feed the hair follicles to grow healthier.