Although hair transplantation is an easier procedure than other surgical operations, some points should be considered in order to have a high success rate. There are precautions to be taken before the hair transplant operation, as well as some things to be considered after. If these points are not taken into consideration, there is a risk of failure of the hair transplantation process. Although the results of the hair transplantation process are evaluated with visuals, careful planning should be done beforehand and the recommendations of the specialist should be followed in order to achieve permanent and lush hair.
What Should Be Considered Before The Hair Transplant Operation?
Things to consider before the hair transplant operation are;
- After deciding to have a hair transplant, the first point you should pay attention to is to set out with a doctor and his team who are experts in the field of hair transplant. It is very important for you to take care of this first step in order not to be disappointed and in order for the hair transplant operation to be successful.
- Since hair transplantation is a surgical operation, if there is a disease before the procedure and the drugs used, all details should be shared with the specialist.
- If there are blood thinners used, their use should be stopped at least 7 days before the hair transplant operation. Otherwise, you will have excessive bleeding during the procedure and this will negatively affect both your doctor and you.
- Since you need to stop taking the drugs used for a while, you should inform your doctor about this issue and get approval.
- After the hair transplant operation, you can start using your medications again on the date approved by the specialist.
- Before hair transplantation, you should have the necessary blood tests to determine whether there are blood diseases such as Hepatitis B, Hepatitis C and HIV.
- Since the hair loss process is a long process, the use of vitamin B and vitamin E supplements used in this period increases the risk of bleeding, and their use should be stopped at least 7 days before the hair transplant operation.
- Since alcohol and cigarettes have a blood-thinning effect, they should not be used within the period specified by your doctor before the hair transplant operation.
- You should not consume beverages such as tea, coffee and cola before the hair transplant operation.
- Before the hair transplant operation, you should choose clothes that are open at the front or that you can easily remove with buttons. When changing tight clothes, you can damage your planted hair follicle seeds.
- Since you need to sleep more carefully than the sleeping position you are used to for the first 15 days after the hair transplant operation, take care to get a good sleep before the operation in order not to experience insomnia.
- Since you will not be able to take a shower for a while after the hair transplant operation, taking a bath just before the operation will make you feel better.
- You do not need to be hungry as the procedure is performed with local anesthesia. Since hair transplant operation is a long process, having breakfast will make you more energetic. You can eat during the breaks during the hair transplant operation.
What Should Be Considered After The Hair Transplant Operation?
- Paying attention to these points after the hair transplant operation is very important for the success of the procedure. Things to consider after the hair transplant operation are;
- One of the things you should pay attention to after the hair transplant operation is to use the drugs recommended by your doctor regularly. Using medications regularly will shorten your healing process.
- After the hair transplant operation, you should definitely not apply hand contact to the transplanted area. Hand contact will increase the risk of infection.
- After the operation, you should not hit the hair transplant area, do not apply pressure and try to be more careful while sleeping. Many patients experience hair follicle loss in the transplanted area as a result of pressure on the head area.
- Hair follicle seeds placed with hair transplantation operation adhere to the skin in an average of 7 days. Being extra careful during this period increases the success rate of the procedure.
- You need to be careful while changing clothes after the hair transplant operation.
- After hair transplantation, you should sleep on your back until your doctor approves. If possible, using two pillows and sleeping at an angle of 45 degrees will ensure that there is no pressure on the transplanted hair follicles.
- You should be protected from the sun for at least 15 days after the operation. During this period, you should not use a hat, beret or shawl, but instead use an umbrella.
- Moist activities such as the sea, Turkish bath, sauna and pool should be avoided for at least 15 days after hair transplantation.
- Heavy sports activities should not be done for at least 1 month after the operation.
- Keeping your head upright after the procedure will reduce edema.
- Paying attention to your diet after the hair transplant operation will positively affect the healing process. Consuming plenty of water and eating less salty meals will reduce the formation of edema.
- After the operation, no hair product should be used until the specialist gives approval. Moisturizing solutions given by your doctor should be used.
- After the operation, the first wash is usually done after 48 hours and the first wash is done in the presence of a specialist. Afterwards, the information on how to do it is explained in detail by the expert.
- Medical shampoos recommended by your doctor should be used for an average of 1 month after the operation.
- Until your doctor approves, you should not have hairdressing treatments with heat, products such as gel, spray should not be used, and hair shaving should not be done.
- After the procedure, crusting occurs and within 10 days there will be shedding in the form of dandruff.
- After the hair transplant operation, you should not drive or go on a long journey. This journey will tire you and cause edema.
- You can start using the discontinued drugs after your doctor approves.
- You should not use it for at least 7 days after the hair transplant operation, as alcohol and cigarettes will prolong your healing process.
- After hair transplantation, after your doctor approves, you can start additional treatments such as PRP, hair mesotherapy, which supports hair transplantation. Such treatments will increase the success rate of your hair transplant operation.
- Shock shedding occurs in the first 3 months after the hair transplant operation. Don’t worry, this is a normal process. Within a period of 3 to 6 months, the seeds of the hair follicles planted will start to come out again.
- The net results of the hair transplant operation become visible at the end of 12 to 18 months. After this period is completed, permanent and natural hair is achieved.