After hair transplantation, supportive treatments are applied to support the healthy growth of the hair and to make the existing non-shedded hair more durable. One of them is PRP treatment. Thanks to the PRP treatment, the hair is taken care of after the hair transplantation process and it is ensured that they are stronger.
PRP treatment is carried out in the form of restoring the substances obtained from the person’s own blood with the help of injection. It is aimed to support growth by re-injecting the platelet-enriched plasmas to the person. Plasma is separated from blood and concentrated, and rich plasma is obtained. Thus, healthy cells proliferate in the area where it is injected.
How Is PRP Treatment Done?
The stages of obtaining the plasmas used for PRP treatment;
- PRP is started by taking the patient’s own blood.
- Blood is collected in sterile tubes.
- Generally, 10 cc of blood is taken.
- Collected blood is centrifuged at the appropriate speed and minute in the laboratory environment.
- This period is generally between 5 and 8 minutes on average.
- Yellow colored plasma, liquid serum, red blood cells and white blood cells are separated from the blood.
- Platelet-rich plasma part is taken from the separated blood.
- This platelet-rich plasma taken is called PRP.
Hair Treatment With PRP
Shedding of more hair follicles than the number of hair loss that is considered standard on a daily basis causes sparseness in the hairy area or completely baldness in people. Especially those who are aesthetically uncomfortable with this situation can get rid of baldness and have permanent natural hair thanks to the hair transplantation process. In some cases, people have hair transplantation for precautionary purposes before they experience complete baldness. Thanks to the PRP treatment, the hair transplanted after the hair transplant operation is ensured to grow healthier. Thanks to the PRP treatment, which supports the growth action, the existing healthy cells proliferate and the attachment and growth of the hair becomes more effective.
When Should PRP Be Done After Hair Transplantation?
PRP treatment, which is used in many areas around the world, has become preferred after hair transplantation procedures in recent years. Thanks to the method applied in the form of re-injecting the healthy plasma cells in the person’s own blood, the success rates of hair transplantation operations are increased. Thanks to the plasmas, which are rich in growth factors, the attachment and growth of the transplanted hair becomes healthier. PRP treatment can be done 10 days after the hair transplant operation. At this point, your definitive history specialist will decide, and no action should be taken without his approval. In order to make the hair transplantation process successful by applying more than one session, PRP treatment should be performed in the 1st month, 3rd month and 6th month after the hair transplantation operation. The number of sessions varies according to the needs of the people.
How Many Sessions Of PRP Are Done?
PRP supportive treatment after the hair transplant operation can be applied at intervals of 15 days. The process generally takes 30 minutes. PRP treatment, which is the process of injecting the plasma obtained from the person’s own blood, takes an average of 3 to 6 months, although it varies from person to person. Generally recommended sessions are held in the 1st month, the 3rd month and the 6th month. After these sessions are completed, PRP treatment is recommended once a year.
What Are The Advantages Of PRP?
The advantages of PRP treatment are many and effective. Some of the advantages of the treatment are;
- No pain is felt during PRP treatment.
- Since the injections used in PRP treatment are very small and thin-tipped, there is no scar after the procedure.
- Small wounds that occur due to the opening of the channels during the hair transplant operation heal faster thanks to the PRP treatment.
- It increases the vitality of hair follicle follicles.
- PRPA treatment protects against hair loss.
- It facilitates the faster and healthier growth of the transplanted hair after the hair transplant procedure.
- With PRP treatment, dormant hair follicles are revived and grown.
- Tissue damage in the hairy area is repaired with PRP treatment.
Who Is PRP Not Suitable For?
Although PRP treatment is preferred in many areas, especially after hair transplantation, it is not correct to apply it in some cases and people. It is very important that the blood taken is healthy in the treatment applied with the principle of taking the person’s own healthy blood and separating it into plasma and injecting it again. People for whom PRP treatment cannot be applied;
- People with blood disease,
- Those who use blood thinners and those who do not have to quit this drug,
- Those with a family or personal history of cancer
- For pregnant and lactating mothers
- PRP treatment is applied to those who have infection in the area to be applied and in the blood.
After PRP Application
Since PRP treatment is applied for healing purposes, some points should be considered after the procedure. Paying attention to these points will ensure that the expectation from the treatment is met. Points to be considered are;
- Since the PRP treatment applied after hair transplantation is applied by injection, pressure should not be applied to the treated area.
- Although it is not a painful procedure, those with low pain tolerance can use medication if they need it after the procedure.
- Since the procedure is done with a needle, small swellings may occur and ice can be applied to prevent this.
- After the PRP procedure, blood thinners should not be used until your doctor approves.
- After the PRP procedure, heavy sports and exercises should not be done and the head should be kept as upright as possible.
- Until your doctor approves, smoking and alcohol should not be used.
What Are The Benefits Of PRP For Hair Transplantation?
Since PRP treatment is rich in platelet substances, it nourishes the scalp and strengthens the hair follicles. While the weakened hair follicles are getting stronger, the dormant hair follicles begin to grow and grow in a healthy way because they are fed with healthy cells. Slowly growing hair starts to grow rapidly thanks to PRP treatment. In the hair transplantation process, the application of PRP to the transplanted area facilitates the attachment of the transplanted hair follicles and ensures healthy growth. The procedure applied with the person’s own blood does not have any side effects.