You have decided to have a hair transplant, but I have many questions in your mind! This article will be for you because we have prepared for you step by step what you should pay attention to after hair transplantation and this healing process. In our article where you will find answers to all the questions that come to your mind, you can find the answer to what you will experience after hair transplantation and when you will have healthy permanent hair.
What Should Be Considered After Hair Transplantation?
There are some points you should pay attention to after the hair transplant operation. Paying attention to these points directly affects the success rate of the applied procedure. If you know what you should or should not do, your transplanted hair will grow healthier. What you need to pay attention to after the hair transplant operation;
- After the hair transplant operation, you should not apply hand contact to the transplanted area and the donor area. Since the canal is opened during the procedure, there is a risk of infection if you touch the area with an open wound and you may cause the hair follicles to fall out.
- One of the reasons for hair loss is stress, so you should stay away from stress if possible during the post-transplantation period.
- Try not to move too much and not to sweat after the hair transplant operation, because sweating damages your hair follicles and prevents it from growing.
- After the operation, you should avoid sexual intercourse until your doctor approves.
- You should not do heavy sports and exercises after the operation. Tilting your head will cause blood pressure to rise, which negatively affects hair transplantation and also causes you to sweat.
- After hair transplantation, you should use the antibiotics and painkillers recommended by your doctor completely.
- Since you will be using drugs during the process, you should not drink alcohol until your doctor approves.
- Since the substances in cigarettes affect your recovery time, you should not smoke for a certain period of time.
- Since the canal is opened during hair transplantation, there may be very little bleeding, so you should not use drugs such as blood thinners and if this amount of bleeding is more than normal, contact your doctor immediately.
- Since hair transplantation is performed with local anesthesia, fatigue may occur, so you should not go on long journeys immediately after the operation and should not drive if possible. The effect of local anesthesia wears off in a few days.
- For the first 15 days after the operation, you should sleep on your back with a 45-degree angle. If possible, use two pillows so that you do not put pressure on the planted area.
- Make sure that the pillows you use are clean because of the risk of infection.
- After the operation, you should stay away from humid activities such as the sea, pool, and Turkish bath.
- After the operation, the donor area should be disinfected and a headband should be used to reduce edema.
The First 3 Days After Hair Transplantation
The most difficult process after the hair transplant operation is the first 3 days. There are some points that you need to be careful at this stage. What happens in the first 3 days after hair transplantation;
- Pain is not felt for a while during and after hair transplantation due to local anesthesia. After a while, when the effect of anesthesia wears off, a slight pain may be felt, and you should use the drugs given by your doctor to prevent this.
- In the first days after hair transplantation, you should sleep on your back with a 45-degree angle.
- The day after the hair transplant operation, the donor area should be dressed, so infection is prevented.
- If possible, the first wash after hair transplantation should be done by the doctor. If you do not have the opportunity to go to the clinic, you can do it yourself as your doctor recommends. The first washing process is usually done on the 3rd day after the operation.
- You should not use accessories such as hats and berets after the operation. And you should not go out into direct sunlight.
What Should Be Done İn The First Week After Hair Transplantation?
The first week after the hair transplant operation is more comfortable than the first days. If there is pain felt, this is greatly reduced. What will happen in the first week after hair transplantation and what needs to be considered;
- You should continue to use your medications during this period.
- In the first week, you can wash your hair yourself as recommended by your doctor. Recommended lotion and shampoo should be used during washing.
- You should not use very hot or very cold water while washing your hair.
- The channels opened during this period begin to heal and crust over.
- You should not do heavy sports in the first week, you can do short-distance light walks at most.
- Since smoking and alcohol prolongs the recovery period, you should not use it during this period. Since the newly planted hair follicles are fed directly with substances coming from the blood, alcohol and cigarettes affect this situation negatively and reduce the effect of the drugs used.
- Used hair bands should be cleaned with non-chemical cleaners and continued to be used.
15 D After Hair Transplantation Celebrity Process
The 15th day after the hair transplant operation is an easier process. After this process, the prohibitions decrease and relaxation begins. What happens in the 15-day period after hair transplantation and what needs attention are;
- Medicines and lotions given within 15 days after hair transplantation should be continued to be used.
- In this process, open wounds heal and crust over. The crusts begin to fall off in the form of dandruff. Lotions and shampoos used for washing facilitate the shedding of crusting.
- You may experience shedding while washing your hair, this is normal.
- During this period, you should not use products such as gel or spray on your hair.
- During the peeling phase, itching may occur.
How To Care After Hair Transplantation?
One of the most important stages after hair transplantation is hair care. The hair care you will apply directly affects the new hair that will grow. Although this hair care is a stage that needs attention for a lifetime, the things we will talk about are the ones you should definitely pay attention to in the first 1 year. The care to be done after hair transplantation is;
- You should not use a hair dryer for a few months after the hair transplant operation. Direct heat treatments damage hair follicles and scalp.
- Care should be taken from the first day of the hair transplant operation, so your transplant will be successful.
- At this stage, take care to use low chemical shampoos and care products. For at least 1 year, you should not use products that will directly affect your scalp, such as gel or spray.
- You can have a haircut after 6 months. It would be better to have your hair shaved with scissors instead of a machine.
- Avoid washing your hair with very hot water. Hot water disrupts the balance of your scalp and causes dryness. In addition, washing too often disrupts the oil balance.
When Does The Transplanted Hair Come Out?
Getting results after hair transplant operation is a long process. If you are patient and careful during this process, you can have permanent healthy hair.
In the 4th month after hair transplantation, the hair falls out with the effect of shock shedding, and after the 6th month, the shed hair starts to grow back.
It takes 12 to 18 months to achieve permanent results after the hair transplant operation. This period may be shorter or longer in some patients. This is entirely up to you. Behaving carefully throughout the process, eating regularly, doing hair care completely, not consuming cigarettes and alcohol will allow you to reach the result faster.